- The course will be based at the level of learners.
- A detailed look at the autonomic nervous system (ANS), and conditions most commonly related to it.
- As many headaches are associated with changes in the ANS, we will also look a important headache syndromes commonly seen in practice.
- Examination and diagnosis will be a critical part of this course which will involve a lot of practical.
- Treatment options will be largely based on your current skills, equipment available to you, and your treatment time with patients.
- Over 1-2 days.
- Group size 2-6.
- The ANS is incredibly important, and at it’s most basic allows blood to be shunted to the appropriate areas to allow muscle contraction. Patients suffering from muscular or facet instability will almost certainly have an aspect of poor blood shunting.
- This area of the nervous system is often over simplified and misunderstood. This course is designed to allow you to accurately gauge the state of the patients ANS without basing it purely on muscle tone.
- This course is not designed to replace any skills or treatment modalities that you use, but to allow you to better identify how and when to apply them.
- A large number of our headache, migraine, dizziness patients are suffering from ANS problems. Without addressing this, their recovery will be sub-optimal.
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of the most common headache types seen in practice. Specifically looking at how treatment varies from one syndrome to the next.